To see God exalted as His grace and truth in Jesus Christ abound in and overflow to more and more people (1 Chr. 29:10-13; Jn. 1:14-17 2 Cor. 4:15; Jn. 7:37-39; Mt. 28:19-20; 1 Tim. 1:12-17).
Our Broad Objectives
- To see God so work in the lives of unbelievers that they would become Observers of His grace and truth in Jesus Christ (Mt. 5:13-16; Phil. 2:14-16; Col. 4:5-6; 1 Pet. 3:15). Our desire is to see the grace of God active in touching and arousing the curiosity of unbelievers.
- To see God so work in the lives of unbelievers that they would become Receivers of His grace and truth in Jesus Christ (Jn. 1:12; 3:36; Eph. 2:1-9; 1 Th. 1:2-9; 1 Tim. 2:3-4). Our desire is to see the grace of God active in convicting and saving those who are perishing.
- To see God so work in the lives of believers that they would grow as life-long Students of His grace and truth in Jesus Christ (Mt. 11:28-30; Rom. 12:1-2; Titus 2:11-14; 2 Pet. 3:17-18). Our desire is to see the grace of God active in teaching and transforming those who are saved.
- To see God so work in the lives of believers that they would become increasingly fruitful Ministers of His grace and truth in Jesus Christ (Rom. 12:3-8; 2 Cor. 9:8; Eph. 4:11-12; 1 Pet. 4:10-11). Our desire is to see the grace of God active in equipping and empowering believers for greater and greater impact.
- To see God so work in the lives of believers and whole churches that they would become powerful Extenders of His grace and truth in Jesus Christ (Mt. 28:19-20; Acts 1:8; 13:2; 2 Cor. 4:15). Our desire is to see the grace of God active in expanding and multiplying His church into a spiritually dark and dying world.
Our Core Priorities
- Expository Preaching (Ps. 19:7-10; Acts 20:27; Rom. 10:14-17; 2 Tim. 4:1-5)
- Authentic Worship (Ps. 96; 145; 150; Jn. 4:24; Rom. 12:1-2)
- Constant Prayer (Ps. 105:3-4; Mt. 6:5-15; Phil. 4:4-7; Heb. 4:14-16)
- Faith-Driven Obedience (Jn. 14:21; Heb. 11:6; Jms. 2:14-26)
- Systematic Teaching (Mt. 28:20; Eph. 4:11-12; Col. 1:28; 2 Tim. 3:16-17)
- Godly Modeling (1 Cor. 11:1; Phil. 4:9; 1 Th. 2:8; 1 Tim. 4:12)
- Leadership Development (Mt. 9:38; 28:19-20; 1 Tim. 3:1-7; 2 Tim. 2:2)
- Biblical Shepherding (Mt. 9:36-38; Acts 20:28; 1 Pet. 5:1-3)
- Agape Fellowship (Jn. 13:34-35; Phil. 2:1-11; Heb. 10:23-25)
- Gracious Confrontation (Pr. 27:6; Mt. 18:15-17; Gal. 6:1-2; Jms. 5:19-20)
- Pure Motivation (Ps. 145:1-7; Mt. 9:36-38; 2 Cor. 5:11-15; 1 Thess. 2:4)
- Ambassador Lifestyle (2 Cor. 5:18-21; Col. 4:5-6; 1 Pet. 3:14-16)
- Worldwide Mindset (Mt. 28:19-20; Acts 1:8; 17:24-28)
Our desire is to see this vision worked out among people in all “ages and stages” of life. Therefore, the elements of this vision provide a framework through which all the day-to-day decisions regarding the ministry of River City Grace can be made. From here, we can evaluate whether a curriculum, ministry, or activity advances or detracts from our God-given purpose, objectives, and priorities. The specific details of each ministry venture will be developed through the Spirit-led passions of God’s people as we obediently walk the life of faith, abiding in Him (John 15:5).
This vision reflects our understanding of the heart of God for His church as revealed in His Word. Because we are committed to pursuing a Biblical vision of ministry, any part of this vision statement is subject to change as our understanding of God’s Word increases.